Thoughts and photos by Lois. It's supposed to be funny, or thought-provoking, or both.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

When In Doubt, Throw It Out . . .

So said a cartoon my sister had on her fridge in college. The little Ziggy-looking man was peeking in a dish, and there were eyes in there looking back at him.

Did a little pantry audit last night. The winning item FISH item (First In, Still Here) expired in Dec 2002. Six years and the box was still shiny and new!











Chicken Helper, Oven Favorites (apparently no one's favorite around here) -- went in the garbage. Parents of school age children, be assured I DID salvage the Box Tops for Education 10 cent token.


Second runner up was unopened Caesar Dressing that expired in 2005. Do we know how to live or what?!?!

7 comments:

Paula said...

Expiration dates?

You mean those aren't just suggestions?

;-)

Jane said...

Great story: My sister broke her foot and called me for help. Apparently my 9th grade nephew needed to bring treats for an assignment in science.

I pull out my costco stock of chips and take them to their house, the next day the science teacher reads of the expiration dates (2007) and made him bring in treats again the next day.

Cool Aunt Laura not so cool

LoSpace said...

LOL! Aunt Laura is still cool in other ways.

Kim Thomas said...

In 2007 I found a Hamburger Helper from the 1970's in "Aunt Laura's" pantry....

Queen B said...

WOW!!!!! 2002

Andrea said...

I thought were just suggested dates as well. I've been known to move 3 different times and pack up the same pantry items and unpack them in 3 different locations. I don't think I've every moved food 4 time.

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can bruit about that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is stationary a definitely as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with publication of this request www.google.com/ie?as_q=titan ftp server 6.10 ?
I noticed the utter you have not used. Or you use the pitch-dark methods of helping of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg