Thoughts and photos by Lois. It's supposed to be funny, or thought-provoking, or both.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

It's No Coincidence . . .

that one-third, yes 6 of 18 competitors pictured in the Arizona Republic story about last Saturday's Earp-Holliday Mustache and Beard Contest are from Apache Junction.




I work in AJ and it's nice and calm and has great Superstition Mountain views. When I moved to Arizona in 1991 AJ didn't even have curbside trash pickup -- the folk had to drive their refuse to central dumpsters. Though they do have the curbside bins now, this town still has CHARACTER! Sadly, the winner of the contest (two years running) is from Mesa . . . right next door. Hmmm . . . not a single entrant from Scottsdale is mentioned in the story though.

In closing, may I say "I'm your huckleberry . . . "

Just spotted in AJ: bumpersticker reading "Work Less - Hunt and Fish More"
Hmmmmmmm.

2 comments:

Queen B said...

this is so odd... the contest, not the AJ ratio. I'm surprised it's not even higher ;)

Kim Thomas said...

Good to know in case I decide to move to AZ