Thoughts and photos by Lois. It's supposed to be funny, or thought-provoking, or both.

Sunday, August 09, 2009

It's Not Your Closet -- It's Your Belongings . . .

(NOT my closet, of course...)
I just realized something looking at the ads and websites for closet organizers and cabinet installers. The reason these pictures look so great is the imaginary owner of the closet only has 6 black t-shirts, 5 black coats (I think they're coats), 5 white dress shirts, and all the hangers are equidistant. Also, there are only black shoes and purses. Now I get it -- the reason my closet doesn't look organized is that I have all different kinds and colors of clothes! My shoes are different colors and heel heights! My hangers don't match! I don't own 5 of the same garment! Wow. Mind blowing.

So, epiphany:
Reality -- it's making my closet look messy. Wow, I wonder where I can apply this concept in the rest of my life . . . hmmmmmmmm.

3 comments:

Queen B said...

LMAO! What a quandary... have variety in your wardrobe and have a messy closet, or be the dullest person on the planet and have an organized one. Hmmmmm.....

Jane said...

You so need to read the book "How to Eat a frog"

Kim Thomas said...

I have 4 black shirts, 3 white pairs of shoes, 3 belts and 5 pairs of jeans. My closet looks just like this ;)