Thoughts and photos by Lois. It's supposed to be funny, or thought-provoking, or both.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Career Day for the Griffenzuela Kids

What do YOU want to be when you grow up? The aspirations are high for the kids around our house. Here they are checking out a few career options:


Roman (I'm a scientist). Yes, he actually said it. Little known fact: all the leading researchers are using crayons these days. Now maybe he needs a pocket protector?!?

Delaney The Chemist (it was her idea to try these on so here's the picture).

PS yes Rick and Julie, those are Rick's cool former daytime motorcycling glasses. That he reluctantly gave me!!! In 2000! My junk drawer is a time capsule of beauty.

PPS I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up but maybe for 2008 I need to learn how to play the guitar properly - finally. Somehow when you grow up around people who make it look easy (and own high end Martins) it's oddly difficult to grasp and execute. Like, why can't it be as easy as singing???

3 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

Here is the list of what I used to want to be when I grew up:

*Trash pickup (Drive the truck)
*Firefighter
*Road Construction flag women
*Security guard with keys (anywhere)

hmmm.....these are all boy jobs. Thats odd.

Jane said...

my list:

white paging operator
I too wanted to carry lots of keys
tv anchor woman

hmmmm

so I did radiology and computers (now thats odd)

Queen B said...

OMG, the kiddos are just too cute. I always wanted glamorous careers... TV star, supermodel, veterinarian ;) so I became a hot IT chick, of course!