Thoughts and photos by Lois. It's supposed to be funny, or thought-provoking, or both.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Rain Fails to Dampen Spirits at Stingray Bay!


Roman and I braved the rain this morning to have breakfast with the stingrays at the Phoenix Zoo (people and stingrays served separately). Fortunately, the stingray water was nice and warm-ish. We also walked around the zoo and visited a few animals after the program, until the rain got pretty aggressive. Living in Phoenix makes you heat tolerant (with necessary "it's a dry heat" complaints of course), but completely wimpy and unprepared when it starts to rain. The toughest part was trying to keep the craft projects (see wayyyy below) dry on the way back to the car. After naps and a change of clothes, everyone was dry and happy, memory tanks full of good ones.



5 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

I cannot tell you how happy I am that on this Monday morning I visit Lospace (for the promised weekend update) and find a new post.

Whats with the new found interest for the zoo? It seems everyone I know (including me, I was there last month) is visiting zoos in droves.

Queen B said...

that looks like a way cool stingray exhibit. Did they get green eggs and ham for their breakfast?

Jane said...

The best is that it is rain in Phoenix! In December when it couldnt stop raining our school had a "Rain Day Alert" , nothing like the Snow Day we used to experience but the school closed none the less

Ruth Anne said...

When the weather is crappy, I always forget the zoo is still open.

I couldn't touch the stingrays. I got too freaked out.

Teri said...

those stingrays look scary.