Thoughts and photos by Lois. It's supposed to be funny, or thought-provoking, or both.

Sunday, May 01, 2011

ASU Surplus Store - Very Nice

ASU Surplus is just east of the 101 on Rio Salado Drive and it's basically an ongoing garage sale of random stuff. They also post on craigslist from time to time, which is how I got Roman's very solid wood desk and bunk beds for about $100. From Irish Hall no less (Honors Dorm, so maybe some smart college mojo will rub off on him?!?!). And a low 3 drawer dresser unit which has another hilarious story that I will save for another time. There is usually a random assortment of bikes and desks and filing cabinets.  Good to peek in there every so often and see what's for sale, because, why not???

Last time I spotted the most random item -- and the price tag was striking. It made me think of my Dad, whose name is also Jim.  The questions must be asked:  what makes an old oil can "very nice"? Its two (rusty) screw caps? Its wooden handle? Why should I pay 20 bucks for it, and cash only???  I think Jim G would like to meet Jim B for a beer.

2 comments:

Queen B said...

RO!

Jane said...

I want to meet Jim B