Thoughts and photos by Lois. It's supposed to be funny, or thought-provoking, or both.

Sunday, February 03, 2008

What Makes the Best Mohawk?


The question of the ages for disaffected youth and goths around the world; well, now we know -- peanut butter. Also we are psyched to learn that, at 18 months, Laney weighs 22 pounds, which puts her between the 10th and 25th percentile for weight (she was hovering down at the 10th for awhile).
Yesterday, in search of fresh air and sunshine, we visited Tumbleweed Park in Chandler. First we played on the big climbing area, then went on the swings and the tire swing. On the road in, we saw an area with old (rusty) farm equipment. It reminded me of all the stuff at my parents' house (Poppa Jim has at least 4 or 5 good old rusty tractors sitting around on any given day). We stopped at that area before going home; it was deserted. They have an old rusty broken down REO Speedwagon (no, not the band -- the vehicle) with a hole in the windshield, plows, disks, and various other agricultural relics. Also a cute little burro in a pasture to the side.

It was clearly open to the public (open gate, signage, parking, etc) but I was amazed at the lack of warning signs (eg "Enter at Your Own Risk" . . . "Sharp Dangerous Equipment; If You Like Your Kids, Supervise Them Closely" . .. you know, that kind of thing). Given the daily proliferation of personal injury lawsuits, I can't believe the City of Chandler leaves that gate open!!! Of course Roman and I wandered around and loved it! Also, we did not injure ourselves the entire time! Now I'm waiting for the newspaper story about some kid getting hurt there followed the parents suing the city. On the way out, we christened it with a great new name: Tetanus Park!

Those of you readers who tire of these kid-subject posts I am trying to find my next great product endorsement (or vituperation) so bear with me . . . I'm workin' on it!!!
Oh, and happy super bowl to the fans out there. I can't CAN'T CAN'T wait for it to be over. I don't expect to see a piece of that alleged $400 million the event brings to the economy in my pocket so at this point all I can do is keep my head down and wait for the hype to end. Four hours and counting. If anyone has a super bowl equivalent of "bah humbug" -- I need it!

3 comments:

Jane said...

I am your bah humbug. I am all for the them bringing money to our community. I however do have a huge problem when I go out to dinner down town and and forced to pay $40 for parking since we have them all in town.

I also do have a problem when a flight I take to Brubank every monday morning will cost me $700 tomorrow instead of $200.

Here's for a dumb football game and price gouging!

BTW Peanut Butter is great for removing gum from hair

Queen B said...

LOVE the photo :)

LMAO at Tetanus Park - very clever.

Kim Thomas said...

22 pounds...I can't wait for Sydney to be 22 pounds. We will do a post that day for sure highlighting the moment.