Thoughts and photos by Lois. It's supposed to be funny, or thought-provoking, or both.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ron Paul is WRONG!

I am the new biggest fan of the IRS . . . for some inexplicable reason the "system" kicked back the federal tax credit for my environmentally conscious 43 mpg Civic Hybrid, and I have called the IRS 800-number three times to get an explanation. It has something to do with Alternative Minimum Tax but beyond that, color me befuddled. So it's back on the phone tomorrow. Call time invested to date:
3/5: 58 minutes (spoke to 2 nice enough people)
3/12: 67 minutes (at least half on hold), then 57 minutes (56 on hold) -- accidentally hung up both times by face-beeping. Oh well.

3/13 update: 40 minutes more, some on hold, this time the issue is being referred to a reviewer, none of the customer service ops can explain it, apparently a very obscure question. Yeah, like they never get asked "Can I please have my $2000 back?!?!" Now we will apparently hear something in 30 days . . .

Here's the kicker: no one can exlain the "correction" but they surely are nice! So I have to say we need the IRS. At least these people aren't telemarketers calling us, right? Towit, here are a few new proposed taglines for this venerable government institution:
The IRS: a nice place for nice people to work!
The IRS: what does Ron Paul know anyway?
The IRS: somebody has to take our money . . .

Let me know if you come up with something better!

8 comments:

Jane said...

Love this rant

Ann said...

The IRS: if they didn't take our money, we'd have more of it!

Jinjer said...

A.) I love the phrase "color me befuddled." GREAT one!

B.) I am in no way whatsoever a fan of the IRS...

Jenn Ann said...

Definitely not a fan of the IRS.

Ruth Anne said...

The IRS: my aunt works there

Queen B said...

I vote for "somebody has to take our money" but that could also apply to Exxon, Mobil, etc ;)

Argh... need to get my tax crap together this weekend.

How about "The IRS: at least you only have to deal with us once per year" unlike Sprint :(

Kim Thomas said...

LOL Queen B:

How about "The IRS: at least you only have to deal with us once per year" unlike Sprint :(

Bianka said...

Too bad you can't charge them for all the minutes you are wasting on hold for them!