Thoughts and photos by Lois. It's supposed to be funny, or thought-provoking, or both.

Monday, October 13, 2008

Product of the Week: SEEMS Like a Good Idea But . . .

(I know, I don't even do a product every week . . . but someone needs to address this):












I was looking at the Staples catalog when I saw these pens. Admittedly, it seems like a good idea, but really -- can you imagine how uncomfortable it would be to write with that stupid little flag poking out at your fingers? And the diameter must be fat and uncomfortable. Not to be daunted, the pen manufacturer actually includes the following features and benefits in a bullet list:

-Write notes on documents then flag the page for easy reference
-Twist barrel to open and reveal Post-it® flags
-Conceal flags for ease of use when highlighting
-Flag size: 3/8"W x 1-3/4"L
-Includes 150 flags

What?!?! Ok, first bullet -- duh, I know what to do with a pen, and a post-it flag. Second: Twist barrel to open and "REVEAL" Post-it flags?!?! Like they're a secret treasure?!? Third: Conceal flags for ease of use -- because why? They're totally irritating me when I try to write with the pen?!?!

Ok, I have to stop this post, it is just too absurd.

6 comments:

Jinjer said...

I am leaning towards not being a fan, because I feel the flag would bother my finger and I would get irritated.

Andrea said...

I have to lean towards it being a good idea as i am often times looking for a post-it flag when reviewing documents and making notes.... Oh wait, I don't review documents and make notes anymore.... Never mind. :-)

Jane said...

Jenn please advise

Paula said...

ABBA---LOL!
I think it's silly just because.

Queen B said...

these are common in classes

Rochelle said...

This was shown on Oprah. She thought it was a grand idea because she is always flagging things. I don't have her job so I won't be buying it.