Thoughts and photos by Lois. It's supposed to be funny, or thought-provoking, or both.

Friday, October 03, 2008

Another Lo-CD Evening


I got a set of cool abalone and coral bracelets in August. Two days ago, I started freaking out that the baby magpie (Laney) had made off with 2 of them, because I could only find 3. For some reason I had convinced myself there were 5. And I had let her play with 2 of them last week, I thought. So, being as they are almost new, I blocked out time in my schedule last night to straighten up while I looked for them. The beauty of this was at least I could multitask, right?

After straightening the playroom, and organizing, and cleaning, and peering under couches and furniture, it was about 11pm. Time for bed. For some reason on a whim, I pulled out the jewelry catalog, looked at the bracelet page and I realized I AM NOT missing 2. There were only 3 in the first place! Then I thought, if only I had indulged my OCD in a different way to begin with and checked the total number of bracelets in the first place, I would have saved sooooo much time. On the other hand, the playroom would not have been straightened, either. I can't tell if I need professional help, or not.

Oh, and I found all but one piece of the set of 4 puzzles that were scattered throughout the playroom...so now I'm going to have to see if it shows up, or consider blocking out time in my schedule to search for it. Or get professional help.

Postscript: another years-old missing item found! While cleaning out a drawer so I could store the 97 CD-ROMs that had accumulated on my desk (do these things breed at night or what?), I found the knob for a recliner that had been removed (probably by the first baby magpie). The knob keeps the chair at the desired reclining angle AND I had scraped my leg on the uncovered screw at least quarterly for the past 3 years. Win win win! The chair is "fixed," no more scraped legs, my desktop is clean, the desk drawer is organized, and Lo-CD is happy!

3 comments:

Jinjer said...

YES I so identify with this!! But you are right, the good news is that if you had looked in the catalog in the beginning, the playroom wouldn't have been cleaned. So I say you made out well!

Queen B said...

hee hee. impressive cleaning!

Kim Thomas said...

What a win win! I need a good reason to clean my family room,maybe I'll pretend I lost $100 bill in it.