Thoughts and photos by Lois. It's supposed to be funny, or thought-provoking, or both.

Saturday, September 05, 2009

Fit Flops Flop


I was curious about the claims of the flipflops that supposedly give you a workout while you're just walking around. They cost $50 to $60 -- which seems like a lot for a shoe -- I mean, that's like 2 months of gym membership.

Curiously, the people I see wearing them out-n-about probably need to do a lot more than walk around in special shoes. The online review I read said the premise is like a tiny BOSU ball in your shoe. The same review said they aren't that effective. More specifically: "Perhaps, when used in conjunction with more high-impact workouts, like walking up a trail or doing some stepping, they may have an impact. But, if you'd like to do nothing but wear the shoes to tone your legs, it ain't gonna cut it." I say spend the same amount on a decent pair of Nikes and walk an extra 30 minutes a day.

5 comments:

Ruth Anne said...

It reminds me of the calf builders my brother wore in high school or the new sketcher line right now.

Whatever. You have to get them cause you think they are cute, not that your butt will get tight.

Queen B said...

I have them. They do not work at all. Well, they protect the bottoms of your feet from the floor and keep your toes aerated, but that would be it ;)

Kim Thomas said...

So glad that we have a consumer update from the Queen. As for me, I hate stuff between my toes so I wouldn't have considered.

Jane said...

you are my favorite fitness instructor

Queen B said...

I now own Shape Ups ;) not that I'm a sucker for calorie-burning footwear...