Thoughts and photos by Lois. It's supposed to be funny, or thought-provoking, or both.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Who buys this?

I have banned cartoon and movie character bedding from the kids' rooms. And, in the interest of fairness, my own room as well (I believe in living by example). It's too crass and commercial! Of course, Rome asked for Bakugan or Pokemon bedding. Ewwww! But clearly, there is worse ... much worse: WWE bedding -- seriously? Why is there so much bad taste in this world??? Then, the display picture is taken in an absurdly neutral model bedroom setup with all white walls, nightstand, and pine-tone hardwood floors. Words fail me. I have to stop now.

7 comments:

Queen B said...

the floor should definitely have been painted like the floor of the wrestling ring! and ropes painted on the walls.... ;)

LoSpace said...

Yes! Anyone who'd buy this for their child would definitely go over the top for the rest of the room . . .

Jenn Ann said...

I completely support this ban. Let's not forget the fancy lighting and theme music ;)

Kim Thomas said...

Agreed. Nobody should buy but if they did why wouldnt the room be decked out? Pottery Barn wouldnt allow this.

Ruth Anne said...

I can't make a comment. When I was younger I begged for New Kids on the Block bedding.

Finally my husband caved. ;)

Jane said...

Mother of a boy

Not me

Diane said...

Bakugan is not as bad as WWF. I am glad you are leading by example and do not have a Barbie themed room:)