Thoughts and photos by Lois. It's supposed to be funny, or thought-provoking, or both.

Monday, September 22, 2008

All New Better Dead Than Red!

Warning: This material may be offensive to fans of McCain and/or Communism. And possibly of elephants and army-navy surplus stores. Read further at your own risk!!!
PS I am not very good at Photoshop . . .
PPS And how cool is my sister for still being able to find this t-shirt in her closet in 2008?!?!





Sometime in the early 80's my sister was on a school trip that included a stop in Sandpoint, ID (yes that Sandpoint). She got a "Better Dead Than Red" shirt at the army-navy surplus store. Recently we were laughing at the new connotation of "red" as in "red states" and what the shirt meant now. So we remade the shirt -- for the new political "red" . . . see the progression above.

#1 Original
#2 Slammed in focus groups for seeming to link McCain with Communism
#3 Ok, no hammer and sickle. Hmmm, needs a little something more
#4 Now that's more like it!

Get your orders in now!

6 comments:

Jane said...

You did better at photo shop than I would

Andrea said...

FABULOUS!! I'll take one for me, one for my mom, one for my sister, and I'll foist one on my niece, even though she is only 14!!

Queen B said...

:|

;)

Rochelle said...

Lol. I'll take one in a double XL for my Red State Dad. I'll send it to him with the "Grandparents for Obama" bookmark that I picked up this weekend!

Sam James said...

Nice shoppery!

Kim Thomas said...

I want to live in a red state