Thoughts and photos by Lois. It's supposed to be funny, or thought-provoking, or both.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

MVD, Wake Up!

It's a little hard to make out in spite of judicious photo editing, but this license plate reads DUBL D.  Hmmm, what does that imply to you? Yeah, right, a couple named Donald and Dorothy.  Suuuuuuuuuuuuure. 

I thought the MVD was supposed to monitor these for content!  Maybe that job was eliminated somewhere in the last round of budget cuts.  This one is good, but not as funny as Kelly G's report of "KY LADY" -- regardless that she is probably from Kentucky, WHY would you want that on your license plate???

Now that you can just go online to order your plate, maybe the computer system just makes sure there's no (obvious) profanity.  My last vanity plate was ITSCUTE for a Chevy crew cab short bed truck. Because it WAS cute...then several years and vehicles later, I got a letter from the MVD saying another person requested ITSCUTE -- and I already had the unvanity-able energy plate for the hybrid, so now someone else's car is cute.

PS that's right, in AZ it's not DMV it's MVD (Motor Vehicle Department).
PPS saying "VIN number" is redundant.

4 comments:

KFuj said...

You having MVD in Az explains why when I moved to Ca I had to re take the written test. I thought if I had a license from the DMV in Ny I was good in Ca too. Each state is different.

Diane said...

I have not ever had a vanity plate.

Queen B said...

oh, that's Dorothy Donaldson ;)

Jane said...

I have always thought that about the VIN number, lol

Regardless I wouldnt be all that proud of double d's