Thoughts and photos by Lois. It's supposed to be funny, or thought-provoking, or both.

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Best Ad from Best Buy: End Your Phone Shame Today


I guess Best Buy has a sense of humor too...this ad was soooooooooooo me. In fact, I didn't even take my phone out of my purse in the T-Mobile store when I went to look at new phones. But I loved my old phone...the Dash.  For three years.  Even its name said "sassy." I finally let Dash go and upgraded to the Motorola Cliq XT.  All touchscreen, no physical keyboard. I am using maybe 10% of its functionality (kinda like our brains, so that's all good, right?). My favorite app is the current weather for my zip code. Basically, I'm like an old person with that. I like the voice searches on Google Maps and "closest Starbucks location" too.  Truly groundbreaking.  I'm now caught up to approximately 2007 with the technology. Someday I might download a song or something...

I'd like to thank all my friends, family, and the HCBC for being with me through that dark time with no data and only 1000 text messages a month.  Now I'm unlimited -- talk on!

4 comments:

Jenn Ann said...

I love clever/witty/funny marketing!

Limitless data/texting = phone addiction. But at least I can admit I have a problem right?

Kim Thomas said...

I can think of several people who could benefit from this ad campaign.

KFuj said...

Yippie for unlimited texts! Yes I have a problem too :)

Diane said...

YAY!