Thoughts and photos by Lois. It's supposed to be funny, or thought-provoking, or both.

Friday, June 18, 2010

My Dad and Foot Twin

I don't know why this picture is so funny. I have very few pics with my Dad. This is right before leaving for the airport June 17 2010, chilly day in Btown...thus the insulated vest (he jokingly prounounces it "insulted" which I think is hilarious). I am wearing flip flops for airport security convenience.  Dad is wearing Whites Boots; they weigh a ton. The kids are yelling "Bye Poppa Jim" from the back seat of Linda's truck. Followed by Dad playing "Old Susanna" on the harmonica Linda inexplicably gave Laney as a parting gift just before we headed out of town.

Random fact: my dad and I have the same feet.  There is an old blog about this...Now, let it be said that I did not get Dad's hands, but Diane did. Genetics are weird.  My sister Linda is my voice twin though...so I guess it's all relative.

4 comments:

Queen B said...

a great picture! I love that you've captured the scene going on around it :)

Diane said...

I think he should be wearing flip flops also.

Jane said...

Happy Fathers Day!!!!!!


This scene is awesome!

Paula said...

My grandma pronounced "police officer" as "police osifer"

Funny how those things stick with us though!