Thoughts and photos by Lois. It's supposed to be funny, or thought-provoking, or both.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Say Hello to My Little Friend


I was edging my yard this morning with my old hand me down trimmer and ran out of string (or whatever that plastic stuff is called) and thinking edging is so frustrating anyway. I had to stop every 4 or 5 feet and turn it over to pull more plastic string because really, who can actually do the tap thing and make more come out (don't answer that...). Anyway, the whole time I'm thinking "there must be a better way" and "seriously, I didn't even want any grass, but it's here so I'd better take care of it..." followed by some choice swear words.

So I went to Home Depot to get more string and finish the job, and spotted the 14-inch "no bumping required" double string Grass Hog for $10 off -- um, you had me at "no bumping" so the discount was frosting. I'm out in the garden center and there are at least four female clerks milling around, so I go up to pay and Trish my new Home Depot best friend pages Justin to come out and narrate the operating information. Then another woman comes over and says she has this trimmer, it's great, and Trish calls Justin back to cancel the page because "We don't need a man out here."

I had to try it out when I got home and basically massacred my yard edges, if that is indeed a verb. This thing is fast and lethal to the grass. I need to figure out where to hold it and then -- GOLDEN!! So, I think this implement needs a name -- ideas??  Maybe Edgar?!?! Edgerrin?!?! Anyway, I'm pretty sure Mr. Choppy is taken but I'm open to suggestions.

6 comments:

Jane said...

So out of my league

Guy said...

You could call it "Keith", as in Keith (L)edger.

Andrea said...

Valentine, as in St. Valentine's Day Massacre...

Paula said...

My first thought was Edward (Scissorhands)...But I like Keith Edger.

LoSpace said...

I think Keith Edger is the winner, to go with Salvadore Dolly (the rolling wheeled thing for lifting heavy stuff!!!).

Queen B said...

RO!