Thoughts and photos by Lois. It's supposed to be funny, or thought-provoking, or both.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Shameless Unsolicited Product Endorsement

I always use Lancome mascara; other brands make my eyes water and itch. Yes it's expensive but I don't splurge on many things and mascara is one of them. For the record, L'Oreal owns Lancome and there is a difference. The cheap side of me rationalized that the formulas would be the same so I tried L'Oreal mascara a few years ago. Fail! It flaked and my eyes itched. Anyway, Lancome has a bunch of different formulas, which all seemed the same until I tried the Virtuose Black Carat last year. Wow! It is an awesome formula for longer thicker lashes! Nice curved brush too. I was running low by the beginning of January and ordered more on lancome.com (free shipping, supposed to arrive today). Not a moment too soon because my tube is DONE!
Downside of free shipping: it takes over a week to get the product. I could have mailed this tube cross country twice in the time UPS Ground is taking. It's like they strapped my bubble pack mailer to the back of a turtle who happened to be leaving New Jersey on the 12th. So -- hope that delivery happens on time -- then my lashes are back in business.

6 comments:

Queen B said...

RO... lashes back in business :) I like that line... give me a good visual ;)

I'm a Cover Girl mascara girl. I splurge on powder (MAC) and eye-base/shadow (Clinique) but have had the most success with the CG mascaras. Finding the right mascara is definitely a must!

KFuj said...

I love Bare Minerals everything else makes my face, eyes, lips, etc itch :-(

Don't you have a Lancome at the mall?

LoSpace said...

Sure they have Lancome at the malls but website has cool, different free samples and when shipping's free, why not?!?!

Diane said...

What about the gifts with purchase at the mall? I might try this one, I used to use Defincils but switched to Blinc Kiss Me mascara.

Jane said...

I too love Blinc Kiss Me

I will so need to try this one

Kim Thomas said...

Two Words: Kiss Me