Thoughts and photos by Lois. It's supposed to be funny, or thought-provoking, or both.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

That Annoying Package of Yarn...

For years when I buy a sweater, they've included a little baggie with yarn that matches the sweater. And I save these. Why? Are they like paint swatches to keep in my purse, when shopping for matching and coordinate garments? Are they for mending the sweater if it snags or tears? Right, because so many of us know how to knit these days...I can just see me busting out some tiny little knitting needles to darn my snagged sweater. Maybe what I should be asking is why do I still have six or eight in my closet?

4 comments:

Queen B said...

yeah.... have no idea what to do with these. my sweater knitting skills have really fallen off recently

I'm the same way with extra buttons. I have a bazillion around my house and yet whenever I'm missing a button I have no idea where to find one...

wow, bazillion is in my spell-checker...

KFuj said...

I put all the thread, buttons, etc in a drawer with my sewing thread and needles. Mr. KFuj has added a seam ripper to the mix as well. Who knew he owned one of these.

Kim Thomas said...

This is so funny. I usually keep for a time (who can throw it out when it's new-lol) and then toss.

Jane said...

I feel the same way about the buttons. ONly once has it come in handy