Thoughts and photos by Lois. It's supposed to be funny, or thought-provoking, or both.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

This Is Gonna Sound Crazy But...

(doorbell chimes)
Thinking it might be a neighbor I answer it ...the dude looks kind of like a skinny beardless version of Alan from The Hangover sans the satchel or manbag or whatever they call it in the movie (my initial impression: STONER!)...

Here's his sales pitch:
(laughing stonedly) "This is gonna sound crazy, but . . . uh, do you folks like good food?"
(me, considering all the possible answers, including "No, we only like bad food..." or "Good food, what is that?" or "No I'm anorexic so the worse it is, the better...") but settle on this gem:
"No thanks, I'm not interested."  Then I shut the door.

HA HA! He thought he had the foolproof opener because who DOESN'T like good food?  Whatever, Alan, you have MET YOUR MATCH -- welcome to the LoSpace Smackdown Comeback!!!

Then I watched out the window; undeterred, he went next door.

5 comments:

Diane said...

At least you were polite and said no thanks.

Queen B said...

RO! Yeah, my answer would have been "yes, but I don't need any now. Thank you."

I love the good execution of "no"

Queen B said...

RO! Yeah, my answer would have been "yes, but I don't need any now. Thank you."

I love the good execution of "no"

Paula said...

Awesome! Smackdown--good one!

Jane said...

LMAO!!!!