Thoughts and photos by Lois. It's supposed to be funny, or thought-provoking, or both.

Monday, March 08, 2010

The Emperor Penguin's New Groove

 
Mom, I need an emperor penguin costume for my summative (emphasis on emperor -- as if Mom would accidentally whip up a macaroni penguin costume instead)...Mom faced this challenge with good humor, a Goodwill coupon, and pinking shears. Believe it or not, the hat is what took longest! But it was a fun crafty craft project. Also, three cheers for adhesive backed felt -- a great innovation available at Michael's (yep, had a coupon for that too).

Before Romes went to this school, I didn't even know the word "summative," which is an interesting fact in itself (just ask my Scrabble opponents...). Now even Laney says it with authority.  We are now veterans of numerous K and 1 summatives, and of course -- craft projects.

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

Super cute! Good job mom!

Queen B said...

If someone said to me "I need an emperor penguin costume for my summative" I would be so clueless on what they were talking about that I think I would just ignore the statement entirely ;)

Great job to you!

Diane said...

He looks awesome! great job on the costume.

Jenn Ann said...

Perhaps this is what inspired my purchase of Chilly Willy?