Thoughts and photos by Lois. It's supposed to be funny, or thought-provoking, or both.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pella of a Quote

Actual conversation with Lori 73130:
Lori: We're thinking of getting our windows on the north side of the house replaced.
Lola: Why, what's wrong with them? Your house is so new!
Lori: Seems like they're leaking tons of cold air, cheap a$$ windows.
Lola: Oh you have the CAW 29 rating -- they leak 29% of the cold air in. (laughing). I have those on my south and west facing walls, they leak in 29% of the heat.
Lori: Yeah but the quote came back at $15,000 for them.
Lola:  WHAT!?! Are you kidding me, why so much?
Lori: Well they're like 7 feet tall by 4 feet wide. (sorry Lori I may have misremembered the dimensions). These are some big a$$ windows.
Lola: Oh so you're paying the BAM, the big a$$ markup -- (more giggling).
Here the convo degenerates into a discussion of how they could get the $22,000 windows with tint in order to qualify for a $1,500 energy credit. Wow.

4 comments:

Jenn Ann said...

It is my goal to incorporate BAM into my vocabulary. And I love the title.

Queen B said...

that's some good math.... I love getting money from the govt, especially if it puts me in personal debt....

Jane said...

LMAO

and love that they are $22,000

Kim Thomas said...

I have to start commenting before Jane, she steals everyone of my %$&~!Y^& comments