Thoughts and photos by Lois. It's supposed to be funny, or thought-provoking, or both.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ugg Boots, Ugh!


Experts debate dangers of wearing popular sheepskin boots


Seriously? This is an actual story online. The author found some experts to comment that this boot style has a lack of ankle support and may allow people's arches to flatten. If they're worn all the time. WOW....Can you say "slow news day?" First, could they actually be worse than flipflops? Or platforms? Or house slippers? Who is wearing these enough to actually cause foot injury? Since they look like costume boots from movies like "BraveHeart" -- it makes me wonder how the people of those eras survived such dangerous, self-injurious footwear. Oh that's right, when your expected lifespan is 45, it really doesn't matter so much.  I think the point of the story is to scare people into buying real "Ugg" boots, not the Payless-type offbrands.  Since they make me look like a troll, it's not a problem for me anyway. Now, back to my platforms.... 

5 comments:

Diane said...

I heard this on the news this am. Ridiculous!

Jenn Ann said...

Having worn fuggs or flip flops 90% of the time for the last year and a half and flats or wedges the other 10%, it is true that your feet flatten out a bit and the damaged caused by high heels is somewhat reversed. I consider that a good thing. Now time to start wearing heels again!

Kim Thomas said...

I love my Uggs and my Birkenstocks

Queen B said...

I hate it when my ankles go unsupported.... which is most of the time.

Christine said...

hmm, since my 2 1/2 yr old has gone thru 4 pairs and i have 0 does that make me a bad mom who has destroyed her feet? or smart for not wearing them myself ?