Thoughts and photos by Lois. It's supposed to be funny, or thought-provoking, or both.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Mighty Lemonheads! (A Fat Free Food)

Fondly remembered: a box used to cost -- maybe a quarter or less?!?! Yes, in the seventies (back in the day!)...best value if you didn't have enough for a candy bar. Sweet, tart, and a little chewy on the inside -- YUM! Also, the empty box could be a whistle if you opened one end and left the other end closed. This bag sells for $1.99. Then I saw a "big" box, maybe half this quantity at Walgreen's for 99 cents.  Cheap candy = awesome!  Fat free = ummmm hmmmmm.

4 comments:

Diane said...

Is this really considered a food?

I like lemonheads and boston baked beans!

Queen B said...

those things bring out the weirdest facial expressions I've got!

Jane said...

I fell into the fat free trap with licorce. Problem is I have a hard time stopping :(

Kim Thomas said...

love Lemonheads!