Thoughts and photos by Lois. It's supposed to be funny, or thought-provoking, or both.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Swirl It Is Fun!!!


Swirl It at ValVista and Williams Field. Yes, I made fun of their sign in my blog last fall. They still have that sign..apparently no one involved in the venture read my blog BUT it's fun, easy, and affordable. We visited tonight -- they have 8 (I think) flavors of yogurt at any given time and about 60 toppings. Sold by weight, 39 cents an ounce. Each of us got a small portion and one topping; our total bill came to $3.  Not to mention I got 3 or 4 samples for FREE!  NICE!

The topping bar had pretty much anything you could ask for -- unrefrigerated, so no cookie dough -- but even Lucky Charms, Cap'n Crunch, Snickers, Oreos, tiny creme de menthes, gummy bears, sprinkles, and much much more. Oh yeah, and healthy fruit -- which we pretty much ignored.  Fortunately, the kids were occupied with the shiny green Jetsons space age stools and didn't notice the tempting array of sugar sugar and more sugar toppings.

They have games there to play while you eat as well -- nice!  Great value -- I will go back, weird logo and all...

4 comments:

Queen B said...

mmmmmmmmmmmm. I could overlook the name with options like that ;)

Kim Thomas said...

One place near us has this (Cherry On Top is the name) and I agree, fun, cool, afordable and the possibilities are endless.

Diane said...

Your kids are so cute! great prices.

Jane said...

Love Laney's cheesy grin :)