Thoughts and photos by Lois. It's supposed to be funny, or thought-provoking, or both.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Latisse by Allure -- or -- Genetics?!?!

This product, Latisse, makes your eyelashes thicker. Apparently, it really works, though if you stop using it, lashes return to their former state. WHAT?!?! I think I've heard of a product like that...it's called "mascara!" And you have to have a doctor prescribe it! One site called it "the gateway drug to Botox"... again, what? Lashes and wrinkles?!?! Totally different vanity departments, hello!  But annnywaaaaaaaay, thanks drug industry for creating another solution in search of a problem.
 

Or you could just be genetically lucky lucky like my offspring, she looks like the after photo right now!!!

And of course, the firstborn, destined to break the hearts of girls who love lashes everywhere (his are even shiny - how is that possible?!?!):
Thanks but no thanks, Latisse, I think I'll go ahead and stick with OTC mascara for now...gateway to Botox, whatever (still muttering epithets...).

4 comments:

Queen B said...

latisse scares me when the commercial ventures into side effects.... are long, thick lashes worth blindness? not so sure

wow... those are some lovely lashes

Andrea said...

Your kids have beautiful lashes!! and I'm with the Queen regarding the scariness of the side effects...

Jenn Ann said...

I thought Tony was going to kill the ladies with his lashes, but he's got NOTHING on your kiddos!

Jane said...

so wish I had more lashes :/