Thoughts and photos by Lois. It's supposed to be funny, or thought-provoking, or both.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Stolen Post Topic: Excruciatingly Fun!

When you are in the hospital the nurse comes in every so often and asks you to rate your pain level from 1 (hurts a little bit) to 10 (if you don't give me some meds right now you perky little scrub-ho, I'll yank your hair right off your head). Now look! Someone on another blog applied this rating concept to many aspects of a given day. I'm going to go ahead and exchange "Pain" for "Fun," which I find correlates closely with "Happiness."

Oddly and disturbingly, the author rates Happiness and Workload on a scale of 1 to 10, but Tiredness 1 to 5. I think they should all be parallel but hey, I didn't invent the scale, I'm just stealing it...I like the opportunity to categorize my day, not to mention the "bonus" topics:


Happiness. 8.5 out of 10
Tiredness. 2 out of 5
Workload. 7 out of 10 (due to Procrastination. 9 out of 10)
Last Meal. Greek salad with tzatkiki sauce . . . looking forward to takeout Pita Jungle later! 
Song of the dayYoung Money - Bed Rock
Thought for the day. If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion - The Dalai Lama
What I’m Doing Now. Thinking about items that fall under "Procrastination."

2 comments:

Queen B said...

Happiness. 8 out of 10 - I usually hover around 9 but it was a rough week
• Tiredness. 4 out of 5 - assume that indicates VERY sleepy
• Workload. 10 out of 10 - 2 jobs + school.... sigh
• Last Meal. leftover blackened fish and rice
• Song of the day. Young Money - Bed Rock - good one!
• Thought for the day. survival
• What I’m Doing Now. getting ready for 8 hours of finance (repeat tomorrow)

Diane said...

I like Pita Jungle.