Thoughts and photos by Lois. It's supposed to be funny, or thought-provoking, or both.

Sunday, February 07, 2010

Don't Get Lippy!



Back in the day of x-ray clinicals, I always had some kind of lip balm in my pocket. Sometimes a group of us would be standing around, and someone would pull out their stick, and pretty soon the rest of the gaggle would follow suit. Must be like that for a bunch of people who smoke. I noticed that it seemed more than a smattering loved Blistex Herbal Answer, so I named it the Chapstick Choice of X-ray Techs Everywhere...and I still love it! I can only find it at Osco inside Albertson's now. So when I go there, I buy 2 or 3 tubes to have on hand, which I'm sure skews their inventory database. I desperately hope Blistex doesn't stop making it. Which is what usually happens when I love a product. In UK novels, they call lipstick "lippy" and I started calling it that when Romes was little, so my kids do too. Now, this lippy post goes out to Jane!  What's your favorite lippy?

4 comments:

Jane said...

LMAO!!!!

Everyone at Maricopa used these too

Cafe Pasadena said...

Fav lippy wood bee to increase my minerals, the chief cause for chapped lips in the winter.

Queen B said...

strawberry chapstick is always in my pocket :) love that you named the chapstick choice of x-ray techs - what power you have!

Unknown said...

I hate to say this, but I am faithful to Carmex, nasty tasting stuff, but far and away the best for actually fixing, not just preventing damaged lips. I know this because mine can get bad quickly when the weather changes. They have cherry now, which still doesn't taste great, but it's an improvement...