Thoughts and photos by Lois. It's supposed to be funny, or thought-provoking, or both.

Monday, February 22, 2010

I Keep Calling It Smartwater

but that's not right...it's "VitaminWater10" (alloneword) -- kind of yummy sounding flavors, 10 calories per serving -- that's 8oz folks, not the whole bottle -- very important distinction...BUT a change from water water and more water. At least it doesn't have Splenda (sucralose) which in my opinion should be named something much more like BadAftaTasta, but I'm thinking that didn't really fly in the focus groups?!?!

Also, VitaminWater (not 10) has 50 calories per serving so if you drink the whole bottle, might as well just have a regular full-sugar soda.And after this ad (from the LifeTime stuck in a bathroom stall series) I think I'm going to start calling it SmartASSWater -- see the parenthetical statement -- we used to say this all the time in the 80's!  Awesome!
BTW they DO make smartwater at the same company (glaceau).

And for the detail oriented, I include the ingredients list: reverse osmosis water, crystalline fructose (sweetener), erthritol (a naural sugar alcohol), natural flavor, citric acid, ascorbic acid, gum acacia, rebiana (stevia extract), magnesium lactate, natural caffeine, ester gum, guarana seed extract, calcium lactate, niacin, monopotassium phosphate, pantothenic acid, b-carotene, pyridoxine hydrochloride, cyanocobalamin.

3 comments:

Jenn Ann said...

I was sold until I got to the ingredient list...sigh

Queen B said...

the detail oriented, LOL

I'm not a huge fan of the flavor...

Diane said...

They have some good flavors.